Tuesday, September 14, 2010

AdLeIaVdE


I came across this tricky image on an internet forum - you can see though, that it originated from internetbumperstickers.com.  I don't know who Schrödinger's cat is but I'm certainly questioning whether he's dead or alive.  This image is quite captivating to me and while it looks simply made, I'm sure its creation involved fine craftsmanship.  Who knew that the words dead and alive could have such an intimate relationship...

As usual, I used one of the handy font identifier websites to try and identify the typeface and found that it is likely Aura.  Aura is a sans-serif, modern typeface, similar to Abadi Condensed Extra Bold that in this case, is being used in a way that is playful and interactive. I included a sample of Aura below. I think the purpose of this design is to get a reaction.  No matter what the intended message within the text, an English-reading viewer is going to be perplexed by the dead/alive part.  The choice of using black and white was perfect for this design, as it allows viewers to easily recognize the contrasting statements.  Some of the letters are not fully represented, but each is still easily recognizable.

Aura

No comments:

Post a Comment